Mission and Outreach at Calvary Presbyterian Church can be described with one word: interactivity. Calvary’s highly successful mission program builds on interactivity and participation within the congregation, with other churches, the Kiskiminetas Presbytery, Presbyterian Missions and with global partnerships. Historically, Presbyterian Mission traces its mission efforts back 178 years and throughout most of those years Calvary Presbyterian Church has played an active role, leading to today’s multifaceted connection with local as well as global missions.
Mission and outreach goals include:
- Providing mission learning and hand-on opportunities for the congregation
- Assisting community human service organizations with their endeavors
- Reacting quickly to world emergencies
- Planning projects such as CROP Hunger Walk and Back to School Bash with other churches to promote awareness and direct assistance for community needs
- Ministering through financial assistance to local individuals and families in need
- Assisting congregation members with short-term mission trips
- Sharing and empathizing with all “communities” whether those communities or groups are individual families, groups within the congregation, university students, Kiskiminetas Presbytery, Presbyterian Mission or alliances with other local churches and various service organizations.
1 John 4:21: “And this commandment we have from Jesus: whoever loves God must also love his brother and sister.”
The following pages provide more detailed information on Calvary’s mission activities: