The Sacrament of Holy Communion is served monthly and at times during special services in the Christian Calendar. All who come to the table of our Lord Jesus Christ are offered the bread and cup, regardless of their age or understanding. The opportunity to eat and drink with Christ is not a right bestowed upon the worthy, but a privilege given to the undeserving who come in faith, repentance, and love.
To prepare for Holy Communion at home:
- Get a small amount of something to drink like juice, water, tea.
- Get a small amount of something to eat like a piece of bread, a cracker.
- Light a candle to place on the table to represent the Christ candle.
- Turn on the video of Calvary’s worship.
- Participate aloud in the responses of the service.
- Join the pastors as they take Communion, first the bread, then the cup.